Summary of Key Points
Following is a summary of key points. If interested, please scroll further on the page for details on each.
- Collection: As a business-to-business organization, we collect name, contact details, and other Personal Data related to our commercial relationships.
- Use: We use Personal Data to provide our services and respond to inquiries, to manage accounts and maintain business operations, including the processing of applications, to provide relevant marketing, and to fulfil other business and compliance purposes. Jump to section below.
- Sharing: We share Personal Data as necessary to provide our services and respond to requests, and to fulfil other business and compliance purposes.
- Marketing: You have control over how we use Personal Data for direct marketing. Jump to section below.
- Data security: We maintain technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction.
- Contact us: Please contact us as detailed below with any questions.
Collection of Personal Data
We collect the following categories of Personal Data:
- Basic Data: Name, title, company, office location, job responsibilities, phone number, mailing address, and email address.
- Device Data: Computer Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, unique device identifier (“UDID”), cookies and other data linked to a device, and data about usage of our Site and communications. Note, however, we do not consider Device Data to be Personal Data except where we link it to you as an individual or where applicable law requires.
- Marketing Data: Data about individual participation in trade shows and conferences, credentials, associations, services you are interested in, and preferences.
- Registration Data: Whitepaper / newsletter / brochure requests, service preferences, company-hosted or sponsored event attendance, downloads, and username / passwords.
Use of Personal Data
We use the above categories of Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Provide the services you requested and respond to your inquiries (Basic Data, Registration Data, and Device Data)
- Manage your accounts and maintain our business operations (Basic Data, Registration Data, and Device Data)
- Make our Site more personal, intuitive and easy to use, including preferred language, and tailored advertising (Device Data)
Protect the security and effective functioning of our Site and information technology system (Basic Data, Registration Data, and Device Data)
- Provide relevant marketing about our services or promotions that we are developing, and opportunities that may be available to you (Basic
- Data, Registration Data, Device Data, and Marketing Data)
- Address our compliance and legal obligations and exercise our legal rights (Basic Data, Registration Data, and Device Data)
Sharing of Personal Data
We share Personal Data with the following categories of recipients:
- Affiliates: We share Personal Data with affiliated companies as necessary for the purposes described above.
- Service providers: We share Personal Data with service providers to perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to carry out the purposes identified above, such as marketing or web hosting. We require service providers to provide reasonable and appropriate security for Personal Data and to use and process such Personal Data only on our behalf.
- Auditors and advisors: We share Personal Data with auditors for the performance of audit functions, and with advisors for the provision of legal and other advice.
- Business reorganization: We share Personal Data with any corporate purchaser or prospect to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Data would be transferred as an asset of Lewis.
- Mandatory disclosures and legal rights: We share Personal Data in order to comply with any subpoena, court order or other legal process, or as otherwise required by applicable law. We also share Personal Data to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims.
If you have questions about the parties with which we share Personal Data, please contact us as specified below.
You have control regarding our use of your Personal Data for directing marketing.
If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other marketing communication, you can choose to not receive such communications at any time. Please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication or contact us as detailed below.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored on your browser, device, communication, or the page you are viewing. Some cookies are deleted once you close your browser (“session cookies”), while other cookies are retained even after you close your browser so that you can be recognized when you return to a website (“persistent cookies”). More information about cookies and how they work is available at All About Cookies.
Cookies on our Site are generally divided into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Session cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: Session cookies that allow us to recognize and count the number of users of our Site and understand how such users navigate through our Site. This helps to improve how our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functional Cookies: Persistent cookies that improve the functional performance of our Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Site and asked to remain logged into it. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings.
- Targeting Cookies: Persistent cookies that record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to recognize you as a previous visitor and to track your activity on our Site and other websites you visit. See below for further details on how you can control third-party targeting cookies.
What are your options if you do not want cookies?
You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help” or “Internet Options,” to exercise choices you have for certain cookies. If you disable or delete certain cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of our Site.
To learn more about certain cookies used for interest-based advertising, including through cross-device tracking, and to exercise choices regarding such cookies, please visit the following websites (or your device settings for mobile applications):
We maintain technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data against loss and unauthorized access, use, destruction, modification, or disclosure, appropriate to the level of risk and sensitivity of the Personal Data. However, no security measure can guarantee against compromise. If you have any reason to believe that your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us as detailed below.
(i) How long do we retain Personal Data?
Phone: (585) 436-3208
Fax: (585) 235-5864
Lewis Tree Service Inc.
300 Lucius Gordon Drive
West Henrietta, NY 14586