Last Updated: April 27, 2023
Summary of Key Points
The following is a summary of key points. If interested, please scroll further on the page for details on each.
- Collection: As a business-to-business organization, we collect names, contact details, and other Personal Data related to our commercial relationships.
- Use: We use Personal Data to provide our services and respond to inquiries, to manage accounts and maintain business operations, including the processing of applications, to provide relevant marketing, and to fulfil other business and compliance purposes.
- Sharing: We share Personal Data as necessary to provide our services and respond to requests, and to fulfil other business and compliance purposes.
- Marketing: You have control over how we use Personal Data for direct marketing.
- Data security: We maintain technical and organizational measures designed to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction.
- Contact us: Please contact us as detailed below with any questions.
Collection of Personal Data
We may collect the following categories of Personal Data:
- Basic Data: Name, title, company, office location, job responsibilities, phone number, mailing address, email address, city and state of residence, and minority/diverse vendor status.
- Device Data: Computer Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, unique device identifier (“UDID”), cookies and other data linked to a device, and data about usage of our Site and communications. Note, however, we do not consider Device Data to be Personal Data except where we link it to you as an individual or where applicable law requires.
- Marketing Data: Data about individual participation in trade shows and conferences, credentials, associations, services you are interested in, and preferences.
- Registration Data: Whitepaper / newsletter / brochure requests, service preferences, company-hosted or sponsored event attendance, downloads, and username / passwords.
- Application Data: Personal Data inserted into applications for jobs with Lewis, including but not limited to employment history, education history, Basic Data, other demographic information, etc.
- Other Information: We may collect any additional information that you provide through our forms, such as through our “Contact Us” page.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. This includes information provided by filling out forms on our Site, through correspondence with us, through applications, or concerning transactions.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include Device Data outlined above, as well as information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technology as outlined below.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Use of Personal Data
We use the above categories of Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Provide the services you requested and respond to your inquiries (Basic Data, Registration Data, Device Data, and Other Information)
- Manage your accounts and maintain our business operations (Basic Data, Registration Data, and Device Data)
- To present our Site and its Content to you and to make our Site more personal, intuitive and easy to use (Device Data)
- Protect the security and effective functioning of our Site and information technology system (Basic Data, Registration Data, and Device Data)
- Provide relevant marketing about our services or promotions that we are developing, and opportunities that may be available to you (Basic Data, Registration Data, Device Data, and Marketing Data)
- Address our compliance and legal obligations and exercise our legal rights (Basic Data, Registration Data, Device Data, and Other Information)
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it (Basic Data, Registration Data, Device Data, Marketing Data, Application Data, and Other Information)
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection (Basic Data, Registration Data, Application Data, and Other Information)
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide (Basic Data, Registration Data, Marketing Data)
- To consider you for employment with Lewis (Application Data)
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information (Basic Data, Registration Data, Marketing Data, Application Data, and Other Information)
- For any other purpose with your consent (Basic Data, Registration Data, Marketing Data, Application Data, and Other Information)
Sharing of Personal Data
We share Personal Data with the following categories of recipients:
- Affiliates: We share Personal Data with affiliated companies as necessary for the purposes described above.
- Service providers: We share Personal Data with service providers to perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to carry out the purposes identified above, such as marketing or web hosting. We require service providers to provide reasonable and appropriate security for Personal Data and to use and process such Personal Data only on our behalf.
- Auditors and advisors: We share Personal Data with auditors for the performance of audit functions, and with advisors for the provision of legal and other advice.
- Business reorganization: We share Personal Data with any corporate purchaser or prospect to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Data would be transferred as an asset of Lewis.
- Mandatory disclosures and legal rights: We share Personal Data in order to comply with any subpoena, court order or other legal process, or as otherwise required by applicable law. We also share Personal Data to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To others with your consent.
- To enforce agreements between us, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lewis, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you have questions about the parties with which we share Personal Data, please contact us as specified below.
You have control regarding our use of your Personal Data for directing marketing.
If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other marketing communication, you can choose to not receive such communications at any time. Please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication or contact us as detailed below.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
What are cookies and other tracking technologies?
Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored on your browser, device, communication, or the page you are viewing. Some cookies are deleted once you close your browser (“session cookies”), while other cookies are retained even after you close your browser so that you can be recognized when you return to a website (“persistent cookies”). Our Site may also use web beacons. Web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) are small electronic files that permit Lewis, for example, to count users who have visited pages on the Site and for other related website statistics.
Cookies on our Site are generally divided into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Session cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: Session cookies that allow us to recognize and count the number of users of our Site and understand how such users navigate through our Site. This helps to improve how our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functional Cookies: Persistent cookies that improve the functional performance of our Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Site and asked to remain logged into it. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings.
- Targeting Cookies: Persistent cookies that record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to recognize you as a previous visitor and to track your activity on our Site and other websites you visit. See below for further details on how you can control third-party targeting cookies.
Third party cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
For example, Google Analytics and other tools such as Google Console are web analytics tools offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic and protects against malicious software. Google uses the data collected to track, monitor, and protect the use of our Site. This data may be shared with other Google websites. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
What are your options if you do not want cookies or other tracking technologies?
You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help” or “Internet Options,” to exercise choices you have for certain cookies. If you disable or delete certain cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of our Site.
To learn more about certain cookies used for interest-based advertising, including through cross-device tracking, and to exercise choices regarding such cookies, please visit the following websites (or your device settings for mobile applications):
We maintain technical and organizational measures designed to protect your Personal Data against loss and unauthorized access, use, destruction, modification, or disclosure, appropriate to the level of risk and sensitivity of the Personal Data. However, no security measure can guarantee against compromise. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. If you have any reason to believe that your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us as detailed below.
(i) How long do we retain Personal Data?
(iv) Children Under the Age of 13
This Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
(v) California’s Shine the Light Law and “Do Not Track” Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA):
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users that are residents of California to request the following information regarding our disclosure of their Personal Data to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes: (i) a list of certain categories of Personal Data that we have disclosed to certain third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year; (ii) the identity of certain third parties that received Personal Data from us for their direct marketing purposes during that calendar year; and (iii) where the nature of the third parties’ business is not reasonably determinable, examples of the products or services marketed (if we have that information). If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us.
The Website does not respond to, or support Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals.
Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
(vi) Geographic Restrictions
Lewis Tree is based in the State of New York in the United States. We provide this Site for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Site or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and consent to potential processing, collection, and transfer of your Personal Data in a country that may have different privacy laws and that may or may not be as comprehensive as your own, including the United States of America.
Phone: (585) 436-3208
Fax: (585) 235-5864
Lewis Tree Service Inc.
300 Lucius Gordon Drive
West Henrietta, NY 14586